October has been a great reading month! I’ve read 12 books, graphic novels and short stories, which is quite impressive. Even though I read this well, I didn’t finish my October TBR, as some books took me a long time to finish.
Ok, first a little reminder, before we dive into the October reading wrap-up. This is what my TBR for October looked like (just add the imaginary copies of The Grisha Trilogy and The Martian):
Yes, I wasn’t planning on taking it easy this month. Also, what is life without some
impossible improbable (Oh, Nikolai, you stuck with me) goals? At the beginning of the month I made great progress. Then, I started reading Siege and Storm and about 60 pages in, I stopped. I didn’t like the way the story was heading at all and I needed a break.
Two weeks later, it was clear I was just sulking. So I started reading again. If only I’d kept on reading a couple of pages more, I would’ve finished The Grisha trilogy two weeks ago! I finished the second book the same day. I’ll probably do a series review when I’m finished with the third. I’m also rather curious about Six of Crows now. I’ve heard Bardugo’s writing in this new book is even better….
As for the things I’ve read, I made a list:
- Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavour by John Layman and Rob Guillory
- What It Is by Linda Barry
- The Martian (NL: Mars) by Andy Weir
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Stephen Fr
- Shadow and Bone (Schim en Schaduw) by Leigh Bardugo
- The Tailor (short story) by Leigh Bardugo
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret (De Uitvinding van Hugo Cabret) by Brian Selznick
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Fables: The Deluxe Edition, book 1 by Bill Willingham
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Stephen Fry
- Ergens Waar je niet wil zijn (EN: The Wrong Place) by Brecht Evens
- Siege and Storm (Dreiging en Duisternis) by Leigh Bardugo
I’m currently reading The Night Circus and listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which means I didn’t get to Burial Rites and Habibi at all. So those four books are already on my November TBR. I also want to read The Picture of Dorian Gray, Carry On and Mathilda and I’ll probably read some extra graphic novels too. I’ve already got Asterios Polyp from the library!
What did you read in October? Any new discoveries you want to recommend?