For the longest time I’ve dreamt about that moment, after years of studying, where I would get my first salary. I decided years ago that I would be ruthless with that first pay. I’d spent as much as I wanted to, without the nagging guilt about not saving. And of course, I made a list.
The list has changed dramatically over the years. When the idea of the first salary wish list first entered my mind I was still obsessed with fashion and I dreamt of a pair of Chanel boots. Later it became the Proenza Shouler PS1 bag (still makes my heart beat faster), which would take at least 2 salaries to buy.
Now the list is filled with lots of smaller items. Some have been on this list for years, others are more recent fancies. Either way, I’m really looking forward to treating myself to these!
- Ever since I bought my Hogwarts patch in January, I’ve wanted to start a little patch collection on a jeans jacket. I think this awesome Pony People mushroom kitty patch would be a perfect addition to this future collection.
- I’m still very much into everything Harry Potter, so I like at least one of Santa Matita’s Harry Potter sticker sets. They’re pretty much perfect and they’ll fit the hardback editions of the Harry Potter books I’ll finally be able to order.
- I have an old Eastpack backpack that’s running on its last legs and I think this pretty Fjallraven Kanken backpack in yellow would be a great replacement.
- Even tough I’ve got a 15″ laptop I still crave a tablet. I’m thinking this Asus transformerbook (or something alike) would be perfect, so I can blog on the go and read new blogposts on my sofa.
- I think I’ve already mentioned this print of Kelly McKernan’s Pan’s Labyrinth a couple of times on this blog and I still want it, so I’ll finally get it!
- The Canon 50mm lens has been on my wanted list for ages. I can’t wait to start shooting with it.
- My laptop can use a bit of a boost and I think the Samsung Evo 500GB SSD would be the perfect way to give it that bit extra.
I’m not sure I’ll buy all of these things when that sweet first pay check arrives, but I’ll treat myself to at least a big bunch of them. Did you do something similar with your first pay check? Or maybe you have a first salary wish list like this yourself?