I always like wrap-ups at the end of the month, especially posts where people show their favourites. I also really like making illustrations, so I decided to combine the two again and present you with my illustrated spring favourites today!
I thought when I wrote my first favourites post back in February this would rapidly develop in a new monthly topic, but we’re three months later and I’m only now posting my second Monthly Favourites posts.
- Baby geese. My parents put a bunch of goose eggs in an incubator and one hatched! Having a baby goose in the house was super cute! They tend to grow really fast, so at the moment he’s already bigger than a cat and looks like a small dinosaur with a pair of oversized goose-feet. He doesn’t like to be touched, but he really appreciates it when we keep him company.
- I already wrote a complete blog post about this book, but let me profess my love for In Progress again. I adore this book and I need to reread it. And then I need to go make some drop cap or quote-inspired illustrations.
- I started watching Tokyo Ghoul after hearing about it many times. I love this anime! It’s a pity it’s so short. I’m trying to savour every episode (torturing myself by postponing the second, and last, season), but the first season had an absolutely awesome ending!
- I discovered the taste of enchilada’s. So easy to make and they taste amazing. Which reminds me I need to make a batch of enchilada filling to put in the freezer, so I can eat some again next week!
- Adventure Time! Come on grab your friends, we’ll go to very distant lands! My love for Adventure Time and it’s randomness is endless.
- I bought air plants and now air plants are my favourite plants in the house (sorry bunch of tropical looking plants with awesome leaves I bought a couple of weeks ago, you’ll be my next favourites). They’re so easy to care for and versatile. I need moar!
- We finally found the time to paint our kitchen! It was one of the rooms in the house that never got a new coat of paint when we moved in. After living here for five years I got tired of the once-white walls and decided things had to change. The Boyfriend’s father came to wallpaper the room and afterwards we painted the main wall bright yellow. Now we have a sunny kitchen everyday!
- I might have found something new to collect in pins. I collected them when I was a kid and now that I got myself two lovely new pins I’d like to start collecting them again. Not all the pins though, only the extremely cute of cool ones. I’m picky like that.
Did you discover any new favourites this spring? Any books, series or food I really need to try?