I know I was all talk about experimenting with posts yesterday, I know I share this, way too late, update on my 28 in 28 list. A list that I’ve finished and replaced more than a month ago. But still, sometimes before you can start focussing on new things, you need to finish the old ones. And this unfinished post, has bothered me.
I think I felt a bit ashamed at the end of my 28th year and I kept on putting finishing this blog post off, which is a bit stupid. Even though I didn’t finish all the things on my list, I still accomplished a lot in a year.
01. Becoming an official inhabitant of Ghent. Check! I had to wait a long time before the administration did its job, but I’m a real Ghentian now.
02. Start vlogging. I’m pretty bummed out I never did this. I made the footage, but editing it seemed such a daunting task I never got to it.
03. Seeing the midnight sun or watch the Aurora Borealis. Also no, but I’m keeping this hight on my travel list!
04. Being able to run 10km. I started running with Ines, but I never got over the 5km mark. So I never made it, but I got really tired of my knees acting up, so I went to the GP, then to the MRI and then to the physical therapist. I’ve got my last session tomorrow and getting my knees pain-free is still a work of months of exercising. I didn’t finish this challenge literally, but it made me motivated enough to undertake action, so win!
05. Follow 25 skillshare lessons. Way too many lessons to follow. So, nope.
06. Get a tattoo. Yes, finally! And the second one (with the design of my dreams) is scheduled for next month!
07. Spent a weekend without technology. This is one of those goals that looked really good on paper, but to be honest, I didn’t really want to do this. So I didn’t.
08. Go to Museum night. We visited the Museum Night in Ghent at the beginning of December!
09. Go on five citytrips in 2016. I made it to four, which is alright by me. I consider this one done.
10. Go watch a theatre play. I went to two plays (by the same amateur company) in 2016. One was better than the other, but both evenings were very enjoyable.
11. Go see an opera, a ballet or go to a musical. I only started looking for tickets late in the year and everything was either sold out or way above my budget. It’s still something I want to do, though.
12. Read ten classics. Nope. I read maybe three before I fell into a reading slump.
13. Reach my 2016 blog goals. Also nope. I did make a lot of progress, number wise, this year, but I still haven’t found my blogging-mojo back. Maybe these 40 days will do the trick.
14. Make a zine. Alas, another one I didn’t do and I really would still love to do.
15. Mari Kondo the shit out of everything I own. I donated and threw away so many things this year, so I feel like I accomplished this goal. I think I’ll keep on purging my house this year too, because the amount of crap I tend to get attached to is overwhelming. It’s time to let go.
16. Fill a sketchbook every six months. Yes, this was a win! I even finished a sketchbook during the month of October and I recently finished another one, which means I’m keeping up my pace of filling a sketchbook every six months. This year I want to experiment more, use it really as a tool that I should use and mistreat, instead of this precious object that needs to be perfect.
17. Do twelve things from Pinterest. I don’t know if I finished this one to be honest. Keeping track of this during the year wasn’t one of my priorities. I did make a couple of DIY’s, so I feel like I finished this one.
18. Finish the Verbeelding Bookchallenge. Sadly no. Something with a reading slump (which still is ongoing)
19. Make a new project every week. I also consider this one as finished. I made a lot of things this year, created a lot during the Inktober month and generally found my creative/DIY groove back.
20. Read forty books in 2016. I got to 25 before the Terrible Reading Slump hit. I thought I got over it when I read 3 books in January, but I didn’t finish anything since.
21. See 28 new (to me) movies. Yup, I, a chronic re-watcher of movies, watched a grand total of 28 movies this year. I saw a lot of good ones, so maybe my fear of watching new movies will be gone.
22. Get my driver’s license. This is something that has been on my to do list for sooo long and I finally did it! I can officially drive a car. I still hate it though.
23. Read three books picked bu someone else. Books. Nope.
24. Navigate the waterways in Ghent. I got contacted in summer to see an acoustic music session in a boat during the Gentse Feesten by a PR agency. How awesome and perfect was this?
25. Do 120 workouts. My knees also stopped me from doing this. But. The main reason I wanted to do more work-outs was to lose some weight. When I got my knees checked I realised I could never do enough sport (especially in the first months) to actually lose weight with it. So I started the 5:2 diet. And I’m pretty happy with my results till now. That’s why I also see this one as a win, because even though I didn’t exactly do this, I got to the real goal another way.
26. Give a themed party. Booh, I didn’t do this. I had so many cool plans though.
27. Make a photo book for 2016. Yes, did one I also finished. And I love the outcome.
28. Photograph at dawn. Nope. I came close once, but in the end didn’t make time for this.
So, that’s the complete overview of my “28 in 28” list. I hope I didn’t bore you to death with this extensive overview. If you want to see more, you can also read part 1 – part 2 – part 3 – part 4. And if you’re curious you can also read all about my “29 before 30” list.