Whenever it’s been a while since I last went on a trip, I get this deep urge to pack my bags and travel. And it is been quite a while since I went anywhere new and exciting, so the call of the exotic is beckoning me, louder and louder. “Where would you go?” you’re probably wondering, so I made a list with my top 6 travel destinations.
- Barcelona – Well, this might not be exotic for most of you, but Barcelona has been on my “to travel” list for years. For some reason, though, I’ve never gotten to actually travelling there. Of course, it’s ridiculously touristic, but I’d still love to go and see all its wonderful architecture. And have some tapas. Or a lot.
- Marrakech – Somewhat more to the south than Barcelona and also a lot more exotic in my mind. Marocco seems a bit mysterious to me. I know very little about the country, but that makes it more fun to travel to. And they have a wonderful botanical garden, which is always a plus, for any destination.
- Iceland – Back to the north! With almost no people in sight for the most part of the trip and a possibility of faeries, Iceland seems like an awesome destination. It’s not so much a culture I want to experience (apart from their hot-spring bathing culture), but more the vast emptiness of the country. Preferably in combination with a midnight sun or an aurora borealis.
- Madagascar – Split from the mainland for thousands of years and the only place in the world where you can find certain species (Aye-Aye‘s, Fossas, Leaf-nosed snakes!). I’d love a trek through the jungle there. They also probably have a beach of two to spend some time on (not too much, though).
- South-East Asia – Ok, not really a country, but I figured if I spend the money and the fuel to fly there, I better take my time and do some travelling from country to country. Sign me up for Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia (specifically Borneo), I want to see them all. I’d love to experience the local culture and food and I can’t wait to see some jungle.
- Japan – Ah, Japan. It’s been on my list for yearrrrsss, but travelling to Japan is pricey and not that easy (language barrier wise). The people and the culture really fascinate me. There will be a time when watching anime and reading manga isn’t enough. Hopefully, by then, I’ll have some plane tickets ready.
Where do you really want to travel to? Or did you already go to your top travel destination? Did it live up to your expectations?